Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"Perfect"

Perfection. I try to get perfection with everything I do. However, no matter how hard I work at it, how much time I put into it, I can always see flaws. Doesnt matter what it is, or what other people say. It can ALWAYS be better....

While fighting with and against my eating disorder, I discovered a group called ABA (anorexics and bulimics anonymous) they have this theory named the "Ice berg theory". It explains how much perfectionism is a part of ED's. Here I thought I was different. From as long as I remember I was perfectionist. With school, dance, work, etc and after reading this, it was like everything clicked. It made sense on why I was sick...not saying if you are perfectionist you are doomed to get sick. Its a good goal to have but its unrealistic. So keep that in mind. Perfectionism is an underlying issue. its hiding something. Its the "tip of the iceberg" its what you can see but there is so much stuff under neath it. Self hate, feeling of worthlessness, its all the yucky feelings. So we try to fool ourselves and others, in a way.

Anyway, I probably am not explaining it well like the book, so if you can get a copy and read that chapter, I highly recommend you do.

1 comment:

  1. i really love that iceberg theory... i want to check into that more and learn more about it. thanks for sharing that ; )

    ReplyDelete