Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Fight"

I am tired of fighting. Seems like I have been fighting my whole life.

I have fought with my dad, ever since I was born. I was hit. I couldn't fight back. I tried to once. not physically. I ended up telling my school what was going on and they told me that I could be taken away from my parents...eventhough my parents were divorced and I lived with my mom. I got scared and told them that I lied about it...I was suppose to go to Germany that year and because of the "lie" it was taken away from me...

Then the fight with ALL, started when I was 8. Nothing has changed in a matter of 14 years now. So im done fighting against that now.

Now my ED. It's been 8 years now. I wouldnt say I actually tried fighting it. I mean sure I went to treatment. But it didn't do anything. I didn't want it too. My first stay I actually got kicked out for not cooperating. The others, seemed to hold me there longer the more I struggled. So I ran away, thinking surely this will get me kicked out...nope it didnt...so I started recovery, but the whole time thinking "just do it now so you can go home and  be left alone again" The day I was discharged was the day I relapsed. If you want to even call it a relapse since I knew what I was doing, I knew my plans...

I do have moments though.  I will do certain things so I dont use my ED. I call my sponsor, journal, go to meetings. Then other days I dont want to be bothered. Seems like I can manage getting to a month with no behaviors if I want to but as soon as I hit that 30 day period I freak out and run back to it. I tell my mom that I can't get better because i haven't hit my rock bottom yet. I need to for it to happen. Then I say I dont have motivation, everything has been taken away from me anyway and I dont see it coming back in my life. Then I get motivation and it always seems to fade away. The last motivation I had was my sister told me she is pregnant...she has a few weeks to go and its like ehh well who cares you will never see the baby anyway, if she moves 3 hours away. I learned that I will be going home in 10 days and I have been doing okayish since I found out, but I really feel like that might change once I actually get there...time will tell I suppose

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I really admire your blogging and how honest you are about your struggles in recovery. I know we have never met but I hope you don't mind that I am now following your blog (please let me know if you would rather I not as I understand some people like to keep their writing personal).♥

    I do wish you well in your recovery. I believe you can recover and most importantly you derserve to. I hope you keep writing about it as it is often one of the most helpful things to do.

    Much love and well wishes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you had to endure that kind of childhood. No one deserves that. Please take gentle care of yourself. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete