Saturday, June 9, 2012

"Logic"

I have problems with logic. Some things make sense to me but not to others, some things makes sense to me but then it doesnt a second later. I know when I am in my eating disorder I don't think clearly. I know because someone can say the same thing and it makes no sense at all but then I think the same thing at the same time. Then I have my team who constantly tell me the things I think, feel, say and do are "illogical"  It's all very confusing to me.But that's my brain for you.

Anyway, I ran into this poem that I like....called Fairy Tale Logic


Fairy tales are full of impossible tasks:
Gather the chin hairs of a man-eating goat,
Or cross a sulphuric lake in a leaky boat,
Select the prince from a row of identical masks,
Tiptoe up to a dragon where it basks
And snatch its bone; count dust specks, mote by mote,
Or learn the phone directory by rote.
Always it’s impossible what someone asks—

You have to fight magic with magic. You have to believe
That you have something impossible up your sleeve,
The language of snakes, perhaps, an invisible cloak,
An army of ants at your beck, or a lethal joke,
The will to do whatever must be done:
Marry a monster. Hand over your firstborn son.

No comments:

Post a Comment