Saturday, June 30, 2012

"Community"

I know "We can't do this alone", "we are all in this together" etc but sometimes, well most of the time, it feels like im alone in it. I know some people are there for me, but in the end its me who has to fight, me who has to make the next best move. Me who has to do everything. I know I could call people but I feel like such a burden all the time. Others have stuff going on too. sometimes more than I do and the last thing they need is to hear my problems. They need someone to look up to, well not to look up to but see that everything will be okay in the end. I can't be that person if im struggling myself. I want to reach out more, im involved in 2 support groups and i know its expected to struggle but I dont want to be the only person reaching out. I feel like a goof like why am I going to them about this or that. I especially feel like a goof when im the only one who keeps contact with someone then i feel like see youre annoying if you werent so annoying  then maybe someone would call you...i know thats probably my depression talking mixed in with ed...

I am in two support groups and the community in both are great. I dont feel so alone. Especially when im in a face to face meeting and someone says what im thinking but i never talk in them. Im scared that im the only one, that i wont make sense and that others have more important things to talk about. They need to share/talk/get support more than I do.

But I guess its one of those things where I need to feel awkward and do it anyway. Clearly not doing it isnt helping me...

No comments:

Post a Comment