Friday, June 22, 2012

"Home"

Speaking of home...Im going! Im finalllllly going home on July 1st. I haven't been home for almost 4 years. Between being in treatment and my mom setting the boundry that I can't be home if im still in my eating disorder. My mom talked to my therapist and agreed it's what I need right now, doing tough love with an eating disordered person doesn't work, it makes it a lot worse...so learning that I was going home I jumped right into recovery. Well not completely. I am still restricting and exercising but im keeping it in for the most part. I have purge once in the last month and a half. My restricting isnt that bad, i mean its still a behavior but at least im eating everyday now.

Now being home is a good but scary thing. Good because I get to see my dog, Im around friends, I have my own place. Bad because I am not able to be alone...and my mom tends to take control which yall know that isnt a good thing. They also put a lot of expecations on me. Hopefully this time is okay though because my therapist has talked to my mom. So maybe she will back off a little.

For the past 4 years I have felt like I dont have a home. When I got out of treatment within a month I was kicked out. I moved in with a friend, which was great for ed...but horrible for me. She had anger issues and it was extreme. I was always scared of saying/doing something around her. She also took control. One time she told me "You will break up with Art, and you will eat deserts everynight" Hearing that I was out the door. Then back to treatment then out to my aunts 3 hours away from home. I have a room and everything but its not my room. Im scared of touching things because they arent mine to touch. Of course I have visited home but even there I dont feel like I belong anymore. My room has become a storage room and I just dont feel welcomed. Everytime I went to visit I refused to sleep in my room because it didnt feel like mine...

Home is a big value of mine. To feel welcomed. To feel like its where you belong. Hopefully this all works out...

1 comment:

  1. You have a little time to plan going back, and for me, when these things happen, it is really important that my room is my space. That it is part of my personality, part of what heals me etc
    I do think that you need to work with your mum, as some sort of tough love does help.
    Sometimes we need that kick to just keep us believing in ourselves. I hope it goes well, I do <3

    ReplyDelete