Monday, February 27, 2012

Inspirational Journal-Week 24

What is something I overcame, and how?

Well. Overcame meaning not going through it anymore...but still dealing with it emotionally/mentally...a lot...overcoming something and feeling free from it, nothing.

I would say the biggest thing was being abused from my father. I got through it but the emotional trauma caused by it is still there. I am terrified of anger. and I refuse to be around someone who is drinking. I won't touch alcohol not even a sip. I am scared of the same thing happening to me. I refuse to have anger. I don't want to take the chance and taking my anger out on someone else, so whenever I feel a tint of it is when I cut. I take it out on myself so I know I won't hurt anyone else. I think I am starting to overcome it though. I had to let him go. I haven't talked to him or seen him for a few months now and I feel a release. Still in the process of accepting it though. I think I have let go but I'm not in a place where  I am okay with it. So it still hurts a lot...

I honestly don't know. I have been sitting here thinking of something I have overcame but I can't think of anything. It might be in the past but the pain from it is still here. So I don't know if you would consider it being overcame or not??

No comments:

Post a Comment