Sunday, February 26, 2012

Inspirational Journal-Week 23

Best Recovery Affirmations (for me)


1. I am trustworthy. I can rely on me.


2. Walking away from something that is bad for me is not quitting!


3. I have learned to treat myself gently because with a few exceptions, I am doing my best.


4. When I am in trouble, dwelling on it doesn't really help. I can feel sad, I can grieve, but eventually I have to move on. Time does heal, and when I am going through a difficult patch I will remember I don't want to make it any worse.


5. What I do today may have a profound impact on my life tomorrow


6. The need for someone's approval 100% of the time is inhumane 


7. Self love is my birthright


8. sometimes I need to spin my wheels...it helps me get unstuck 


9. If I begin to get bored with the mechanics of my program, such as food plans, I need to remember what it was like before


10.It is often easier to know what to do than to do it. Today I will do those things that strengthen my recovery.


11. I cannot see the outcome of the journey, but I can take the next step




Whenever I struggle, I call my sponsor or a close friend (yea you know who you are=)) My sponsor will normally tell me that I am okay, it's just a step, just a baby step.I have to do the next best thing. That the urges will pass (which they do!!!!)  She will often remind me that I am okay. I might be struggling but I am okay. It's comforting for me, and it does seem to help...And my friend, she says a lot, "it is what it is" which I hate at times, but in the end, its true. It is what it is. I can't do anything about it, and if I can it won't be a right away fix. it just is. It's not bad nor good it just is. Why get so worried about something when you can do nothing about it? It's like wasting energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment