Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inspirational Journal-Week 25

Something I am proud of.

My education. I worked my ass off in school. It was the one thing that I ever felt like  I was good at. It was like an accomplishment. It was okay that I stayed up all night and studied for weeks when I saw my test results. When I received awards in class and out of class. In 8th grade I got a "Cottone's coupon" which is my teacher last name and it was like a ticket to get out of doing homework...which  I never used so I saved them up for extra credit, making my grade in that class a 103. People in science always wanting to partner up with me, because they knew  I would get a good grade, and because I would take over. lol. I remember my science teacher asking me if  I could tutor. I remember getting awards for science, mainly in front of the entire school. I remember getting accepted into every college I applied to. Paying only $9 a semester at Penn State.

It's the one thing I was ever proud of. That I felt good enough in. But that feeling is lessening when people question my intelligence and make me feel stupid. And the fact that I have been on medical leave from school for almost 3 years now. I know my knowledge is not all there anymore. Honestly, I remember studying my butt of but after the test or the project or assignment, I don't know if that information stuck with me...I guess we will find out when I eventually go back...which I am going to make that happen

No comments:

Post a Comment