Sunday, April 1, 2012

Inspirational Journal-Week 27

If you could have any superpower, what would it be, and what would you do with it?

When I first saw this I thought of being able to make all the pain/ hurt/ bad things go away. But then I sat and thought, if we didn't have those bad things, how would we be able to appricate the good things? If nobody got sick, we wouldn't have faith. If nobody died, we wouldn't know love or pain .If we didn't have terrorism we wouldn't know unity.  If nobody was robbed, homeless, or cheated, we would take things for granted. If nobody was abused, we wouldn't know protection. For every bad thing out there, there is a good thing that comes from it...

So then I thought, of reading minds. Not to be selfish, but to be able to know who would really be there for me, who I can count on and who to protect myself from. To know how what people think of me, to know if i'm cared about. Know what will help others and when to shut up. But then I don't think I would be the person  I am today. Would I use this power to my advanage, would that make me a fake? I mean I am not crazy for the person I am, I don't like my past, and I would want to change some things but then I wouldn't be the person I am today. I don't want to be anyone else. I want to be me, whoever the hell that is. I want true friends, I don't want friends because I tell them what they want to hear, because frankly somethings they want to hear is wrong and I don't want to engage in that...

Honestly, I sit here and think of things of powers I would want, but I see bad things coming from them as well. So I can honestly say that I don't want a super power. (I just want to be a super human hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment