Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Inspirational Journal-Week Three

My influences.

Hmmm. I would say the ones who influence my actions would number one be my mom and "dad".  I don't know why, but they seem to play a big part whenever I talk to them. I mean I know it's not a huge deal but when I was applying for colleges, I decided to go to the college that my mom wanted me too, and not the one I wanted to. Her reasoning was because the scholarship was much higher where I only have to pay nine dollars a semster, plus books. Which I was lucky, it worked out because I love my school and can't wait to go back. I was in a peer cousloring group, about to be secertary when the nurse (leader of the group) confronted me saying that I needed to get help. Honestly, thinking about it now, the only reason I wanted to go to this other school was for the living in a dorm to be completely in my ed, but it just wouldn't have worked out for me. Like I can't study with people around me. But still it was a decision that should have been mine to make.

As for my dad, I do not drink at all because of him, and what it has done to him. I also do not allow myself to feel anytime of anger. Something everyone tells me that I need to work on.

Anyway enough about the bad influences in my life. Now to the good.

I would say, Jen (sponsor) and everyone in ABA and EDA and the girls at the treatment centers I went to. Jen has 15 years of recovery and she just always knows how to help me, whether it's giving advice or just listening to me. She gives me so much hope that I too can get better, and that it's one baby step at a time. Everyone else in ABA, EDA and treatment they either relate so much to me that I feel like im not so alone, and im not so crazy. Or they are struggling, and I can give them advice but it makes me realize that I need to listen to myself sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment